The value of a yoga practice is to quiet the restlessness in the body and mind. This gradually leads to an inner stillness and stability. Our breath – the AIR – helps us to focus and direct our awareness toward stillness. Over time, healing occurs and wisdom arises.
AIR is the first practice of the five part Elemental Flow yoga series. In this gentle and restorative 60 minute session, teacher and Reiki Master JoAnne Aboussouan focuses on the breath to embrace yoga’s “elemental” transformative and therapeutic benefits.
The AIR practice includes –
• Breathing and Warming Up the Spine
• Developing Balance and Stability
• Flowing Through Standing Poses
• Strengthening the Core & Back Bending
• Resting in Quiet Awareness
released December 2, 2011
“Asana is one component of the multifaceted practice of yoga. We work with the primordial elements through these physical postures, directing our awareness from gross to subtle and ultimately to pure consciousness.” JA
- JoAnne Aboussouan is a registered nurse and received her yogi training at Brahmrishi Yoga. She embraces yoga’s transformative and therapeutic benefits, teaching with the belief that each of us can use yoga practices to uncover the cause of our suffering and to support our individual healing process.
“I approached composing and recording these musical “flows” in the same way that I come to the mat at JoAnne’s class, with an open heart and ready to explore the moment. It’s not a surprise that this music poured out freely and in a most joyful way.” TW
- Tommy Wiggins has been a songwriter, recording artist and music producer for nearly forty years. His discography includes film, theatrical and popular music credits, including a dozen CDs as a solo artist.
Mixing & Mastering: Dave Towne
Graphic Design: Colette Aboussouan
Nashville’s Tommy Wiggins began writing songs by kerosene lamp in a Rocky Mountain cabin. He’s been writing, recording and
performing his own funky blend of folky, bluesy, country-funk ever since. Tommy recently bought a camper van and is writing songs along the road. New album in 2022 - "When My Brain Goes On Vacation." When your brain goes on vactation, where do YOU go?...more